The link below will take you directly to the IRS site that issues EIN (employers identification numbers) free of charge. Having an EIN number does not require that you have employees.

You will be asked a series of questions to include whether you want a "C" corporation or an "S" corporation. (See our home page for some basic answers. If you are not sure, talk to a tax person.)

You will also be asked in what month you wish to close your accounting year. Generally, S corporations, LLC's and Limited Partnerships must close in December. With a C corporation, you may choose any month you like. (I personally like to end in a month when tax preparers are not super busy.)

A couple of helpful details.
  1. When asked, your company was established in Nevada, County of Clark.
  2. If you don't have a specific trade or activity yet, you could use "business consultant".
  3. When asked the address where the business will be taking place, you should use that exact address.
  4. Once the application is completed, be sure to have the number issued right now, online, and print that page.
  5. If you need help, please call us at 702 606-5596.
Continue to EIN site

Once an EIN has been assigned to a business entity, it becomes the permanent Federal taxpayer identification number for that entity. Regardless of whether the EIN is ever used to file Federal tax returns, the EIN is never reused or reassigned to another business entity. But if you no longer have need for an EIN, you may close your business account to prevent any further tax expectations for that EIN.

How to Cancel Your Federal Taxpayer ID:

Write a letter requesting that your business account be closed. Make sure to include the exact name of the entity assigned to the EIN, the registered address of that entity, the EIN or copy of the assignment notice, reference to the cancellation of the business account and why the cancellation is being requested.

Send this letter and any other applicable data to:

Internal Revenue Service
Cincinnati, Ohio 45999